The Friends of Barnabas Foundation (FOB) seeks an experienced and capable fundraising professional to lead its development and communication efforts, reporting to the President.
The Friends of Barnabas Foundation is an international, non-governmental organization with a Central Office in Midlothian, Virginia and program facilities in Peña Blanca, Honduras. The mission of Friends of Barnabas is to improve the lives of impoverished children in Honduras by providing high quality sustainable health care and enabling communities to become self-sufficient through health related training and education.
Friends of Barnabas key programs include Community Health Development, Extended Care, Early Childhood Development, and the Little Hearts Project. These programs provide direct medical services to children and families, individualized care for children with special needs, parental workshops, comprehensive community health training and education, and continuing education opportunities for medical providers. FOB has an annual organizational budget of approximately $1 million.
The Development Director supports the mission of Friends of Barnabas by providing leadership in the areas of fundraising, marketing, and community awareness. With the President, the Development Director creates and executes a comprehensive development plan and a marketing and communications plan to build support and increase the donor base.
• Development responsibilities include creating and executing a comprehensive development plan for FOB to include major giving, individual giving, direct mail, special events, planned giving, online appeals, and donor stewardship and solicitation.
• Communications responsibilities include e-news and print newsletters, website and social media, as well as overseeing the production of collateral materials for the organization.
• Community awareness activities include speaking with individuals and small groups to promote the organization and build support.
The Development Director will work with the President to manage appropriate budget areas and keep accurate financial records of the fundraising activities of the organization to satisfy audit and charitable organization guidelines.
The Development Director will be required to travel locally, including some evening and weekend engagements, and at least annually to Honduras.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Demonstrated success and 5+ years of non-profit program and fundraising experience
• Flexible, energetic, organized with attention to detail
• Friendly, personable, with a customer service attitude
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, phone, and social media
• High level computer skills in MS Office, social media platforms
• Material development and/or design experience a plus
• Fundraising database experience required.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience, minimum $50,000 with bonus potential.
Benefits: Medical benefits, retirement match, generous leave plan and paid holidays.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to by June 21, 2019. Interviews to begin week of June 10th.